2001 News Archive
Note: prior to late June 2001, Neotrope was known as Mindset. News in this archive prior to that date will show the company name as Mindset/Neotrope.
- December 10, 2001
- Neotrope's Digital Author magazine becomes a media sponsor of Apple's QuickTime Live conference to be held in Beverly Hills, CA. in February 2002.
- December 5, 2001
- Neotrope chosen to develop brand identity (logo, corp. collateral), and Web presence for Malinis & Company, Inc., which specializes in information technology consulting.
- December 1, 2001
- Neotrope chosen to design, develop and host Web presence for e-business software company, Look Media Lab, LLC. Look Media Lab offers the innovative Areca line of software solutions for database management, e-commerce, and enterprise-level information management.
- November 30, 2001
- Neotrope is selected by 4for4.com, a fantasy league sports Web site, to implement an e-mail newsletter subscription system for their site visitors. This system is based on that used by Neotrope to stay in touch with our own clients.
- November 1, 2001
- Neotrope Hosting's datacenter adds optical connection to Global Crossing for enhanced connectivity to Internet customers in Europe. This means overseas visitors now have a much faster connection to our servers in order to view our client content.
- October 26, 2001
- Neotrope announces lower domain name registration pricing through our sister site, MyNewDomainName.com, with ".com, net, org" domains now as low as $7.75 per year. Additionally, we now offer ".info" and ".biz" domain registrations for only $14.95 per year, and ".name" will be added shortly! Free parking service included. When registering or renewing domains through MyNewDomainName.com, you can easily point the name at Neotrope Hosting servers (if you're ordering hosting through us, you would need to point the domain at our server) simply by selecting the option during the registration process.
- October 21, 2001
- Neotrope Hosting announces that our new Web servers installed Oct. 21, 2000 have been running for twelve consecutive months (365 days) with ZERO DOWN TIME! That is a record-breaking 100% uptime performance record for our company and validates our choice of systems and services. We've proven our commitment to providing "business-class" reliable hosting solutions! (There were, of course, some 2- to 3-minute reboots of servers for software update installs, which are normal.)
- October 1, 2001
- Neotrope moves office to Torrance, CA the week of October 1, 2001 returns to "South Bay" after ten years in Long Beach (unfortunately, our live Web "beach cam" will no longer be updated). "First month free" Web hosting plan promotion replaced with "no set-up fees" promotion.
- Sept. 24, 2001
- Neotrope runs half-page advertisement in CrossMedia magazine for new venture Mindstock. Mindstock will relaunch some time in 2002.
- Sept. 20, 2001
- Neotrope hired to develop basic web presence for WillofGolf.com offering the book/CD "Will of Golf: Mastering the Mind-Body Connection." WOG is an evolutionary new approach to golf conditioning, combining classic yoga postures with definitive manifesting and visualization techniques. Using existing client graphics, Neotrope developed a simple site along with our basic shared e-commerce order form system.
- Sept. 11, 2001 - 7am Pacfic Time
- with U.S. under attack in New York by terrorists and major news Web sites overloaded, Neotrope Hosting builds online summary news page with images, updated constantly until 11am PT, links to page on Neotrope sites including Send2Press.com and DigitalAuthor.com. Our hearts go out to the families of the victims of this horrible and cowardly attack.
- August 16, 2001
- Neotrope selected by international digital rights management (DRM) solution provider, ArtistScope Inc., to provide public relations and marketing of their brand in North America. ArtistScope was the first company to offer solutions for encrypting and protecting visual content on the Internet.
- July 18, 2001
- Neotrope selected by integrated circuit manufacturer Silicon Video Inc. to redevelop brand identity with new name, Silicon Optix; comprising redesign of logo and online content to new image.
- July 15, 2001
- Neotrope is selected by CrossMedia magazine to provide online marketing services and a very basic Web presence, including conversion of their first printed issue from QuarkXpress format to HTML.
- July 6, 2001
Neotrope is selected by National Assessment Specialists, Inc. to develop and host an online presence for their medical and legal evaluations services, with over thirty offices nationwide.
- July 5, 2001
- Neotrope runs half-page full color ad in July 2001 edition of CrossMedia magazine, a national publication reaching over 50,000 content developers, artists, photographers, writers, and media professionals.
View 7x5 Ad in PDF format (215k)
- July 1, 2001
Mindset, founded in 1983 in California by marketing guru Christopher Simmons, changes corporate identity to Neotrope. Neotrope was formerly the entertainment division (e.g., Neotrope Records, Neotrope Press, etc.) of Mindset, founded 1996. As of July 1, 2001, all ventures from our company will be branded under one identity: Neotrope®.
- June 26, 2001
- Neotrope launches new Web site: MyNewDomainName.com, providing new domain name registrations (.com, .org, .net) and renewals for as little as $11.95. Free "parking" of domain at no extra cost. Global domains (.uk, etc.) are also available.
- June 21, 2001
- Mindset/Neotrope president Christopher Simmons is interviewed by Michele Brobot of the San Francisco Society of Illustrators for an article on technologies related to protecting content online.
- June 19, 2001
- Mindset/Neotrope president Christopher Simmons invited to speak at annual meeting of the American Intellectual Property Law Association, to be held Oct. 2001 in Arlington Virginia, on the topic of technologies related to protecting content online.
- June 15, 2001
- Mindset/Neotrope re-launches Digital Author magazine Web site, "the magazine for digital content creators," providing an archive of feature articles and reviews written by Mindset/Neotrope president Christopher Simmons.
- June 5, 2001
- Mindset/Neotrope selected to develop brand identity for the Roman Rock company, which specializes in providing facade materials for construction companies.
- June, 2001
- Mindset/Neotrope president Christopher Simmons joins Digital Imaging magazine as a contributing editor, and will contribute feature articles and reviews covering imaging, multimedia, and entertainment technology issues.
- May 1, 2001
- Mindset/Neotrope selected by Redondo Beach, California-based brand marketing group Morgan Road to develop an online presence and client portolio site.
- March, 2001
Morgan Press, Manchester NH, reprints article by Mindset/Neotrope president Christopher Simmons, "A Five Minute Guide to Web Fonts," in their Spring 2001 edition of their Briefings newsletter.
- March 1, 2001
Mindset/Neotrope is selected by local real estate company, South Bay Real Estate Firm to develop and host an online presence including development of a custom "home finder" database, local community pages, and loan/mortgage calculation resources.
- February 15, 2001
Mindset/Neotrope is selected by Savodnik M.D. and Medical Assoc. Inc. to develop their new online presence, including company info and directions to all offices. Savodnik M.D. and Medical Assoc. has 19 offices throughout Southern California, from San Diego to San Francisco.
- February 1, 2001
Graphic Artists Guild reprints article "Beyond the Watermark - Protecting Your Visual Content Online" by Mindset/Neotrope president, Christopher Simmons, in the Jan/Feb-2001 edition of Graphic Artists Guild News (Vol 24, No. 1).
- January 31, 2001
Through our Send2Press unit, Mindset/Neotrope donates marketing expertise to the Junior League of Long Beach, an organization dedicated to helping children and women, as part of our ongoing committment to helping worthwhile groups.
View 2000 News Archive >