2000 News Archive
Note: prior to 2001, Neotrope was known as Mindset. News in this archive prior to that date will show the company name as Mindset/Neotrope.
- December 1, 2000
- Graphic Artists Guild reprints article by Mindset/Neotrope president Christopher Simmons on "Legal Pitfalls of Web Design" in the Nov./Dec. edition of the Guild News (Vol. 23, No. 6).
- October 10, 2000
- Mindset/Neotrope is selected by integrated circuit manufacturer, Silicon Video, Inc. (SVI) to develop comprehensive brand identity, Web presence and secure content solution.
- August 13, 2000
- Mindset/Neotrope president Christopher Simmons interviewed by Jackstreet.com's "Jackstreet Live" Web radio show about the effectiveness of online-based press release distribution services, and public relations.
- August 4, 2000
- Mindset/Neotrope is selected by educational software start-up, Respondus Inc., to develop corporate identity, Web presence, and custom e-commerce and product registration solutions for site.
- August 3, 2000
- ePublicEye (www.epubliceye.com) the largest aggregator of customer satisfaction data on small and medium sized e-businesses, today announced it has selected Mindset/Neotrope (www.mindsetnetwire.com) to provide public relations and e-marketing for a broad range of enhanced B2B and B2C service offerings. (Note: MindsetNetwire is now Send2Press.com.)
- August 2, 2000
California-based advertising, marketing, and public relations company Mindset/Neotrope today announced that they will donate over $25,000 in PR services to worthy non-profit and charitable causes. Qualifying organizations may now apply for an opportunity to receive both online marketing and traditional public relations services such as press release writing and distribution, all at no cost.
- July 14, 2000
- Mindset/Neotrope is selected by building contractor resource Web site HandyManOnline.com to revise their brand logo and to develop a comprehensive line of advertising and affiliate Web banners for their site. (On June 26, 2001, ServiceMagic, Inc. acquired certain assets of Handyman Online.)
- June 15, 2000
- Mindset/Neotrope wins bid to build Dental Hygiene Test Preparation Web site (DHReview,com) featuring streaming instruction videos for distance-based-learning. Mindset/Neotrope will design site as well as capture, edit, and compress/encode two dozen hours of digital video into streaming formats.
- June 20, 2000
- Mindset/Neotrope selected by Morgan Road record label to create streaming audio music samples, embed ID tags into MP3 files, and host music Web site.
- June 1, 2000
- Mindset/Neotrope president Christopher Simmons is contracted by Micro Publishing News magazine to write monthly feature column on Web imaging, content creation and marketing through June 2001. Micro Publishing News is a ten year old national publication covering content creation, digital printing and graphic arts.
- June 1, 2000
- Mindset/Neotrope selected by Princeton University to develop splash page illustration for revised library Web site.
- May 30, 2000
- MindsetHosting.com (now NeotropeHosting.com) and FindWhat.com (NASDAQ: FWHT) partner to offer special promotion to Mindset/Neotrope Web hosting customers, providing 5,000 free qualified visitors/clicks when signing up for new FindWhat.com advertising account through co-branded site.
- April 1, 2000
- Mindset/Neotrope wins bid to develop Web site for the Xeikon Users Association (XUA), including member database, member forum, and secure subscription-based member content area. (XUA became XDPA in 2001.)
- March 3, 2000
- Mindset/Neotrope is selected by Vid-Direct.com to develop and host e-commerce solution for them to fulfill video tape orders on behalf of Oprah Winfrey's Civitas company. Video project "Begin with Love" is promoted on Oprah's TV show, Oxygen.com, and in national magazines.
- Jan. 15, 2000
- Mindset/Neotrope completes "Search & Win!" Million Dollar Game materials for Findwhat.com (NASDAQ: FWHT) including lotto game logo, outdoor billboards, affiliate banners, and site promotions.